"What is the best injury prevention program?"
You are asking the WRONG QUESTION!
What you should be asking…
“Which injury prevention program is right for MY organization?”
Selecting injury prevention programs is daunting and it SHOULD BE. The programs you choose can have broad implications for:
- your ability to prevent work-related injuries
- your reputation and job performance
- your company’s bottom line.
You should be thinking beyond one-size-fits-all:
- Safety training
- Stretching programs
Not that these are bad programs...but they rarely achieve the desired goals.
Why? Because they rely on employee compliance, cooperation and participation.
Instead, consider an analysis of your injury data and some less well-known injury prevention strategies that can be customize to your issues.
Five data elements to study in you Root Cause Injury Analysis:
- Date of hire
- Date of injury
- Job at time of injury
- Type of injury
- Injury description
Five steps to get you started:
- Request to see your work comp loss runs
- Analyze the loss runs to see what types of injuries and who is getting injured
- If it’s new hires that are getting injured – think selection, placement, and work acclimation
- If it’s seasoned workers, think OHSA-compliant Early Intervention and Ergonomics
- If you’re seeing frequent flyers, consider return-to-work testing
If you’re looking for some additional guidance on injury analysis and selecting THE RIGHT program for your injuries, contact me below.
#injuryprevention #workplace injuries #data analysis
Are you interested in learning more about Root Cause Injury Analysis and Injury Prevention Programs that fit your injuries?